Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Tokyo VR Project

Here's an interesting site I've come across, it's a virtual tour of some parts of Tokyo. If you haven't been to Tokyo and want to see what all the hype is about, miss Tokyo or want to show someone around then this site is the perfect place to while away a few hours and wander around from the comfort of your PC.

The site uses Quicktime VR and gives you a 360 degree panoramic view of the area you wish to visit. I had a wander around Asakusa shrine and showed my girlfiend what I did there when I was in Japan last February. As you look around the panoramic image at certain places on the screen the cursor changes and you can click to move further into that area. A map at the bottom gives you a birds eye view of where you are.

You can check out Virtual Tokyo at http://tokyo-vr.com/ , I'll also post this on my links bar on the right.

No comments: